Standard canada precancel catalogue (6th edition)
The Standard Canada Precancel Catalogue 6th edition
Precancels were a post office device for saving time and money. A sheet of 100 stamps could be precancelled in about the same time it took to cancel a single stamp on an envelope, a saving of 99 operations per 100 stamps!
Canada Post officially authorized the use of precancels in the late 1880's and the last were produced in 1977, thereby covering a period of close to 100 years.
Prized by philatelists
Growind rapidly in popularity, one of the pleasures of collecting precancels is that addtions ans expansion of your prencancel collection can be made by spending time rather than money. Regardless of the length of time involved in collecting stamps, anyone has an equal chance of discovering the scarcer precancels.
The mos comprehensive catalogue of canadian precancels ever published
This is the sixth edition, fully edited in Canada. The listings have been extensively revised and updated to reflect current research. Up-to-date pricing, new entries and many new features make this the most comprehensive catalogue on the subject ever published.
- numbering system based on the established Scott Numbering System used throughout North America
- all curently known precancels listed and illustrated by style
- a unique numbering code to identitfy the various precancels
- illustrated listing of Canadian that exist precancelled
- net market values expressed in Canadian funds
- Bar Precancels identification system developed and established by consultation
- alphabetical listing of Town and City Precancels
- many expanded listings!
- "Perfin" precancels revised and priced
Feedback from our customers:
hi, I would like to say I had my order in time and good condition thanks a lot and see yo
Merci beaucoup! Tout était parfait!